Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Trust

If you know me at all you know that I am a planner at heart.  I have had a long running love affair with my calendars (yes plural) and my comfort zone is knowing who, what, when, and where at all times.  So far, this challenge has been one big giant Nope on planning ahead.  I mentioned in my last post that I was going to do something different and not prewrite. I was just going to trust that my post for the day would find me. Y'all, that's HARD. I am a writer through and through. I write in my head all day long.  I am constantly grabbing a pen to jot down random sentences for posts that may or may not actually be published. By noon I'd "written" at least 3 posts that I could have made physical this afternoon. In yoga this is called monkey mind... you're supposed to be meditating and have an empty clear mind, but your brain is jumping around on it's own trampoline.  I finally decided to read to the twins in an attempt to quiet the jumping monkeys in my brain. 

At 2:30 I hear my text chime go off with G's teacher's alert.  I jump up to find this from her:


I immediately start to cry.  Both from the beauty and hope in my sweet G's words, but also because I can already see that having faith isn't meaningless.  It's work and scary and so so so much easier to fall back into old patterns, but look what the payoff is just today!

Reading G's truism brought me such peace.  He loves with a heart so genuine  and pure.  He has been hurt and confused by adults and friends at times but he chooses to keep loving the same way.  If he can make that choice so can I.  Living life with our joy lenses on.  

1 comment: