Friday, November 21, 2014

Slowly But Surely

When I was pregnant with the babies I worried a lot about how involved I'd be able to
be in my oldest boys' school.  I really enjoyed my position in the PTA as the teacher hospitality chair and loved being in their classrooms.  It was hard enough to entertain Oliver during these times I couldn't imagine adding two babies to the mix.  I knew I wouldn't be able to continue hosting luncheons so I gave up my PTA position and crossed my fingers that I'd eventually be able to make it to their classes. 
 
When the babies were new I wasn't able to visit the school.  I was too afraid of them getting RSV and our non schedule of nursng just didn't allow it.  That semester was hard for me.  I felt out of the loop and missed seeing my boys in action.  As a former teacher one of my greatest joys has been watching my kids learn to love school and blossom as students.  By the spring I was able to take all the kids to the book fair and attend an ARD for Grant.  Neither of these outings were without tears from the babies and sweat from me, but I did it. 

Yesterday I took the littles to school to have Thanksgiving lunch with Will and Grant.  Nobody cried, we all ate, and afterwards Oliver got to play on the playground while I chatted with another mama.  It's taken a year, but we're in a groove. I still can't take on a big position in the PTA and can only volunteer in classrooms on Friday (when Frank is home to watch the little kids), but I'm getting up to school on a regular basis and the bigs know I care.  Things are good. 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment