Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A New Day

I was totally fine until the slide show. Chubby babies fading into smiling kids. Poignant music about choosing to dance  playing over the sound system.  Because we need a reminder that time is flying by. Holy cow, teachers. Why must you do this to us? Just once I’d like to see a slide show set to Vanilla Ice or NKOTB- still reminiscent of time gone by, but instead of sniffling and wiping my eyes I could giggle my way through the pictures. 

After getting control of my tears I started thinking. This is a milestone for me too. Come August, for the first time in over a decade, I will be without littles at home. Where’s my slide show?  Where’s my certificate? I have completed one entire season of parenting. I deserve a cookie reception. 

I frequently get asked what I’m going to do next year. I have no idea and I’m completely ok with that.  It doesn’t make sense to immediately jump in to what I was doing before I had my babies.  I’m not the same person I was then. I have different interests and have found new strengths. The one thing I do know is that I want whatever I do to benefit others. I won’t be happy wasting my days away. 

My plan is to be open and be still. God will show me what’s next. While I’m sad that the baby/little kid season of parenthood is over I’m pretty excited to see what’s next. Maybe when I’ve figured it out I’ll make a slide show. And set it to Eminem. 




No comments:

Post a Comment