Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Dear Darling Children,

Dear Darling Children:

We have had such a lovely summer.  I have loved every second of swimming and eating snow cones.  Staying up late and watching movies with you has been divine. Exploring new places and having fun with friends was just the break we needed. However, we have reached a new point in the summer.  I feel it's only fair to let you know that Beginning of the Summer Mom is gone and has been replaced by End of Summer Mom.

While I am so very happy you're still home this End of Summer Mom is starting to feel the burn from the hot August sun.  The pool isn't quite as refreshing.  The snow cones a little sickly sweet.  In short, my sweeties, you're really starting to bug me.  

In the beginning I didn't really miss my silent house.  It was nice to have the noise! I hadn't realized how quiet things were until they weren't.  Now the constant chatter of YouTube gamers and Oliver's Opera imitations have caused a chronic twitch in my left eye.  I'm hopeful come September it will quit.  If it doesn't and I'm forced to wear an eye patch, then your punishment will be to dress up as pirates with me for Halloween.  I know how you all feel about family themes! Arrrrgh! 

Dearhearts, let's talk about my car for a second.  I know that cleanliness has never been a real priority for my vehicle.  The twins have made that a near impossibility.  However, collectively you all have turned my car into a small dirty Walmart.  It is full of shoes, snacks, books, paper, straws, markers, clothes, cat food, and yesterday I found something resembling a lemon, but Grant corrected me and informed me that it was at one time an apple.  I have found myself on more than one occasion completely bypassing the pantry or cupboard and going straight to my car.  That in itself is worrisome, but that I didn't even think to look in the pantry or cupboard is what really bothers me.  What have you all done to me???

I've noticed a change in our grocery list too. I've gone from ordering 2 boxes of cereal a week to 4. 4 gallons of milk to 6.  2 loaves of bread to 3.  You know what I haven't ordered all summer? Toothpaste. I brush Laurel's, Rhodes', and Oliver's teeth.  Will and Grant. That's just gross, guys. Seriously.  Go brush. 
Now. 

I have one more thing I need to get off my chest.  Beginning of the Summer Mom was really enthusiastic about all the crafty activity things we could do together.  End of the Summer Mom is not.  I am no longer participating in activities involving slime, baking soda, silly string, water balloons, tempra paint, or any activity necessitating a trip to a craft store. I am also not participating in any activity requiring the use of a mixer, oven, stove, scissors, or adult supervision.  However there is good news! There are no longer any limits on screen time or game time! Have fun.  Just put your headphones in. 

Dearest Blessings, I love you and I love our time together.  I will love it even more after August 17. 

Love, 
Mama










  



No comments:

Post a Comment