Friday, May 19, 2017

My Friend

I get the text full of pictures and unexpectedly begin to cry. Images of black gowns, mortar boards, bouquets, and smiling faces full of pride and promise. While the girl at the center of the ceremony is one I could not be prouder of, it is her mother that is filling my heart with such joy.  

Emilia has been my family for more than 15 years. We have held each other up and celebrated with one another through life's ebb and flows. We love each other's children as if they were our own. Our friendship is one that runs deep and will no doubt be lifelong. 

I have watched Emilia mother her daughter single handedly. I have seen the tears brought on by worry and fear of the unknown. I have witnessed the hours upon hours of work necessary to pay for the education being celebrated today. I have seen you, Emilia. 

This is your accomplishment too, my friend. Be proud of what you have given your daughter, as you have forever changed her life for the better. 

You did it!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment